About VQ ActionCare
VQ ActionCare arose out of the demand for safe, low-impact products specifically tailored for at-home rehabilitation and fitness-conscious individuals. We've designed each of our innovative products and programs to provide exercise solutions that are easy to use and make you feel better.
After you reach 40 years of age, fitness tends to take on a new shape. Many people first feel the effects of age in their joints, and exercise routines that were once simply challenging may become painful or even impossible by the time you reach 40, 50, or 60. As our bodies age, the connective tissue (such as cartilage, tendons, and ligaments) becomes less elastic, which can lead to a greater risk of injury to the joints.
We focus on improving the following key areas of your fitness and physical therapy rehabilitation plan:
- Endurance from aerobic activity that improves your stamina and reduces the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
- Strength (Resistance Training) to build bone mass, which can decrease the risk of osteoporosis, and to improve your body's metabolism.
- Flexibility and Stretching to prevent injuries and improve posture. Stretching increases your freedom of movement, and can help alleviate the symptoms of arthritis, so it can be a benefit to people with joint pain.
- Balance helps prevent falls, which often cause injuries that lead to a loss of independence. You will improve your balance by strengthening leg muscles.
- Physical Therapy Solutions that can help you recover from an injury and avoid future injury by reducing pain in the soft tissues (muscles, tendons, and ligaments), improve flexibility and function, and build muscle strength.
- Exercise Solutions for Medical Conditions that can help you live more easily with chronic health conditions.
- Senior Fitness Solutions that provide effective, low-impact resistance training and aerobic activities through video programming.
As the National Institute on Aging points out, staying physically active and exercising regularly can help prevent some diseases. It can also increase bone density, joint strength and build muscle mass. This is why more doctors now view fitness and exercise therapy as an essential part of maintaining health and independence for people of any age.
As you pursue your rehabilitation and fitness goals, VQ ActionCare wants to become your at-home exercise partner for life. Exercise will increase your self-esteem, mobility, and energy, and we look forward to providing you with self-management tools to help you attain the quality of life you deserve.